Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sun, sun, sun...



Well. Now that the weekend is over my life will NEVER be the same.

We rolled into Utah around 6 am and stopped at the Jones' house. At 8 o'clock we went to the Schwendiman's but nobody was awake so we slept in the car for an hour until someone opened the garage. We went inside, and I was too exhausted to sleep. Justin and Nicole crashed, but I just laid there on the love sac wishing that I could sleep. At noon J got up and Nicole left with the Atwood's for her weekend adventures. Laura was done work at 4 and going to get me, so we bummed around the Schwendiman's house until then... we ate at Cafe Rio best restaurant ever! and then Laura came. We did a little shopping and headed back to her house. We didn't have plans for that night, but I hoped that we could do something with Jacob... turns out he's a little brat and he had to write his talk.. But.. we went to a movie and it was great! Laura and I talked until around 2 am and after 44 hours of being awake I crashed.... for 4 hours. I woke up at 6 when someone upstairs was moving around..

Jacob had yard work to do that day, so I bummed around, soaked in the sun, and FINALLY at 4 o'clock Jacob came and got me for the adventures of the day... We went to the Oquirrh Mountain, Jordan River, Draper and Bountiful temples. Best day ever! After driving to the BIGGEST house we had both ever seen, dubbed "The Castle House", we went to Bountiful for supper and to watch the sun set. Probably the most romantic thing I've ever done... the sunset on the temple grounds. Call me a sucker, but it was one of the best nights of my life!




Remember that blanket I talked about earlier.. yeah.. it was for him. I gave it to him and he loved it! After the temple excursion we went back to his house and hung out with his parents. They are the greatest! Anne Van den Akker is probably one of the funniest ladies I know! And the combination of Ted and Anne just make me smile! So... Jacob had this teacher in high school who called him "Van deslacker" well.. the name fits (sometimes) because he never finished his talk! So I went home early so he could finish. Well. early wasn't so early.. because we talked in the driveway for half an hour.. :) well... he finally left... after two phone calls from his parents... oops!! Laura and I talked about that night, but not as much as before... It took us about an hour to pick out an outfit for me to wear to the farewell.. we finally decided and fell asleep. :) I thought this was the best day ever.... but....

No comments:

Post a Comment