Sunday, July 4, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride.

Yesterday my family (minus me) went to Rexburg, Idaho to visit my brother Justin. He didn't get to come home for July first, and so he was feeling a little homesick. They packed up and were on the road at about 10 o'clock on Saturday morning. I wasn't too sure what I was going to do to spend my time. I had planned on sleeping in but after seeing them off I just wasn't tired anymore.. so I watched a bit of tv, and then decided I might as well become a Gleek so that I fit in with the rest of my family.. I did it... I started at episode one.. 'just going to test it out' I told myself.... well, 5 episodes later I decided that it would be really appreciated by mom and dad if I mowed the lawn. It's like my chore... the kids do the bathrooms, I do the lawn.. but it's fine with me because I LOVE mowing the lawn. So I got out the key, opened the shed and fired 'er up. I finished my lawn, but was so deathly bored with my lack of friends and family that I decided I would mow the neighbours as well.. there isn't a current family living there, they moved out at the end of June, so the landlords had come once before to take care of the yard, but she is great with child... I mean GREAT... due at the end of the summer... so I decided that I would do some service and mow theirs as well. It wasn't really a big deal.. I love it anyway.
I pushed the mower over there and started.. then this car drove by really slow and I didn't think anything of it really.. I just thought maybe they were the people who were buying the house next and I had my story all worked out.. I was just going to say that I was the neighbour and knew nobody was in at the current moment so I would take care of the lawn. Well the man in the car stopped at the end of the block and just watched me for a minute or so.. it kind of freaked me out. I contemplated just pushing the mower back to my yard and going inside and dead bolting the house... then I looked at the ring I had mowed around the boulevard and knew I couldn't leave it like that... the perfectionist I am... and so I finished the boulevard and started on the main yard when the same car drove by again.. this time going the other direction. I didn't recognize the driver, but I wasn't wearing my glasses so maybe that had something to do with it.... but I finished that yard and decided to skip the back yard and just go lock myself in the house.. so that's what I did.
I was really nervous to sleep in the house alone, so I asked Neechel if she would come and sleep over. She said yes, so I let her in and immediately locked the door after her. Paranoid much? We had a blast! We watched some more Glee and had a dance party! We went to bed and woke up this morning very tired. We went to church like good little people do. That was like the climb of the roller coaster... and just when you reach the top you realize.. what goes up must come down....
I hate being alone... and with my family gone I am just feeling super lonely. To make it all worse... it's my Hannah's birthday today, she's turning the big EIGHT and I wasn't able to be with her on this happy day! I called Justin to see if I could talk to her.. but they didn't answer. He texted me and told me to get on skype, so I paused my episode of Glee and got on. I was almost too emotional to say happy birthday! How ridiculous is that. I had just watched a really awesome episode of Glee that touched me and made me tear up... for those who watch.. the one where they performed with the deaf school.. holy cow... So I was skyping her and my dad asked me what was wrong.. I had to choke back my tears as I told him I was just lonely.. I fought them the whole 10 minutes or so we chatted.
I'm not exactly sure what is happening to me! I guess I just have a lot on my plate.. I work full time, which means no vacations for me.. could be worse though, I could be going to summer school... still. I had to miss the 'spectacular' fireworks in Idaho and the fun little family party. There are other reasons... but I guess I'll just sum those up by the words to one of my favorite songs... "she's in love with the boy... what's meant to be will always find a way..." well. That's my sob story for you today..

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do not say "great with child" lol. And please don't be sad. You have lots to be happy about. Don't let things get you down that shouldn't ok :) And don't be addicted to Glee lol.

    ReplyDelete