We stopped in Dillon, Montana to pee because honestly I was dying... I asked the lady how to get back onto the freeway so we could continue on... she told me, but it was 1 in the morning and it went in one ear and out the other... So after taking a detour on a nice gravel road (listening to my gps) we made it back to gravel. Well I wasn't even paying attention to signs or speed, and I was driving and all of a sudden... lights start flashing. I got pulled over. I'm not proud of what I said, or what happened after that... but the officer came to my window and asked me how I was . Keeping my composure (very surprising considering the circumstances) I told him I was SO lost. He told me I was speeding, and whatnot. then we took my license and registration back to his car and I sat there for a half an hour... the same words coming out of my mouth... HALF AN HOUR! It was ridiculous. He came back, told me I was going to get a written warning, and I honestly thanked him (is that stupid?) for not giving me a ticket. haha. I'm such a nerd.... then I asked him if he could tell me how to get back to the I-15.. cause I was still lost..
All the while I didn't even cry. We zoomed on down the interstate and reached Rexburg by 2:30. Justin took over then.. which was a relief. Utah construction is crazy! We reached the Schwendiman's at 8 in the morning, and everyone crashed but me. I could not sleep. I was just too tired! Longest night of my life! But, adventures are still to be had! :) I didn't hit a deer, I didn't run out of gas, and I didn't fall asleep at the wheel. Nicole is safe, and I now know that I can do it! :)
Haha! It was not half an hour.. It was like 10 minutes, MAYBE!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you came! And made it here and back safely! I cannot wait to see your face again in a month!! Woot! :D
ReplyDeleteOh Nicole.. it was SO much longer than a half an hour!!!
ReplyDeleteand Laura: I can't wait either!
Best weekend ever!
ReplyDeleteHey Jessica..."Oh sit" "Oh sit" BWAHAHAHA :D
ReplyDeleteHey Laura.... shhhhh.
ReplyDelete