I've had a few experiences lately that have left me wondering..
What if I'm not cut out to be a pharmacist. Classes are great, but I just have this HUGE sense of dread and fear toward Organic Chemistry.. and the possible fact that I could be stuck doing pre requisites at Weber FOREVER.. or, that I get married before I get the chance to go that far... I know I want it so badly, but there are a few obstacles that just have me wondering...
Our school was fortunate enough to have "fall break". HA! What a joke. We had Friday off of school, so my cousin Dakota and I drove down to Rexburg, ID on Thursday afternoon and spent the weekend there. I fell in love with that town. Which leaves me wondering... what if I picked the wrong school? But with this question comes the answer. I know I didn't, because I was led here by Divine inspiration. And without this school I wouldn't have met Laura Lynn.. and without her I'd have no reason to be here. So, I know I chose right, but I think I would have been happy at BYU-I. Minus the dress code! And curfew... okay, I know Weber was right for me, but being away from my best friend is hard! Especially since he doesn't have Verizon anymore and I can't call him for free... curses!
The weekend was so amazing! We got there and the dumb kid wasn't even home, so we went to Mandi and Tyson's and they weren't home either. So I pulled out my psychology book and did some reading until Justin came and got us. We only had some minor car issues.... that won't be discussed further.. Dakota knows, and she's the only one who knows.. :) Justin had a soccer game that night, so we walked to the soccer fields and watched. They won! :) woot. I re-met David Epps who served his mission with Justin in SLC. I had met him once before on the last day of the mission, I guess, I met A LOT of missionaries going home that day and, don't tell him, but I didn't remember! baha. After the game Dakota, Kevin, and I made an apple crisp. It was baking when curfew came so I didn't even get to taste it until the next morning. Curses!
Friday brought homework. But, that apple crisp was DANG good :) I was proud of myself. We hung around, watched Arrested Development ALL day long, and finally got out at 4:30 to play some soccer. I was in jeans and boots.. yep real prepared... but it was the BEST cardio workout I'd had for weeks. It felt so good to just be playing, semi-competitively, and as a defender. I had a blast! After that my body hurt. So bad I wanted to just sit down and never get up.. but we went to Stockman's for "All you can eat steak" and it was delicious. I laughed so hard. David just kept making me laugh, for no reason, and then Justin would laugh his high pitched giggle and I would laugh even harder, so David would laugh.. it lasted for quite some time. We were out of control. But I loved it! :) I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in "Vertical Limit" and just went to bed.
Saturday was the day I had planned on leaving, but because Justin has such a persuasive power over me, yes I know it's horrible, I stayed. We went to a haunted straw maze that night, and I wasn't too keen on the idea. We discussed just not going, but were convinced that we should. I was scared. No, terrified. I can't describe to you the emotions I had... because you wouldn't understand. But it was freaky. Not to mention I got split off from everyone I knew. Luckily I had Tiffany. She's Justin's FHE sister, and my new friend! We clung to each other the whole time. After 40 minutes of feeling panic we finally reached the end of the maze and I sprinted through the tunnel for dear life! After Justin and Kenzie made it out of the maze we went to Big Judd's for supper. It was delicious! Wow. On the drive to and from, Gage and I talked. He's so intelligent. I wish I knew everything he did!
Oh, I forgot to mention the hours we spent Saturday afternoon playing Settlers... that game gets pretty intense with Justin, Gage, and Cameron playing. I let Cameron take over my spot and just observed. I laughed. A lot.
So.. Even though I know I'm where I'm supposed to be, I sometimes question it. I had an incredible weekend with my family and friends, and I just wish there was a way for me to be closer.. Oh well. I'll be in Rexburg as often as my schedule permits me to be. And ROCKET SUMMER is only a few weeks away and I'll be with those amazing guys again! :) Woot!
I sure wish I could've gone with you!! But alas...I could not. I am so glad you had fun though! :) I'm super excited for rocket summer! Holla! Haha. I love you Jess and I'm glad you came to Weber. I'd be lost with out you...literally.
ReplyDeleteWow, Big Judds brings back some serious memories for me. Ahhh, I miss that school. I loved Rexburg. And I love Settlers too. Miss your face Jessica Baker!!
ReplyDelete