Tuesday, October 5, 2010

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things*

So.. I just have a desire to share the things I love with this virtual blogging world. Secretly I'm just blogging because I need to rest my hand from writing letters... :)

The BEST musical ever created was The Sound of Music. I have loved this movie since I was a child. We would watch it all the time as a family, and I just fell in love with it. It happens to be my number one pick for any movie. There are a few reasons why I love it so much. One major reason being it reminds me of my own family. Our family is SO musically blessed.. we all get it from my Grandpa Rex. I never had the chance to meet this wonderful man, but I have a part of him in me with music. We all do. Whenever we are together we always sing. Always. Each person has their own ability, but put us together and it's magical. Another reason is that in my own mind I picture my Grandpa Rex as someone like Captain Von Trapp. From the pictures I've seen he kind of looks, to me, like Christopher Plummer... call me crazy, but that's just how I picture my Grandpa. I look forward with great excitement at the chance I'll have to meet him some day. I love my family, and admire each and every one of them. :)


I love technology. Tonight I had the privilege to talk to 4 of the most important people in my life. First I got to talk to my parents. These two people are the most incredible in the world. They were making salsa, which made me uber jealous because I just LOVE home made salsa, but anyway.. I got to talk to them and hear how proud they are of me and the things I'm doing in my life.. and yes, to hear my dad tease me. There's just something about the way he says things to me that just makes me love him so much. :) My mom is wonderful. I took for granted our relationship when I lived at home, and now that she's so tech savvy with a cellphone, I get to talk to her a lot more and we're closer than we ever have been before! Then I talked to Carlene Janet Palmer. She is so wonderful. I just love her to bits! She's a thousand miles away, but it's like we're not even apart. Lastly I talked to Stephanie Lynn Drew. I love her more than words can describe. She is my best friend. I couldn't live without her, and I am so glad I had the chance to see her. She's so strong, and an amazing source of strength to me. I just love each of these people and am so grateful for the support they give me! :)

I love little kids. I love little kids who call me "Jessica Baker." Never Jessica. Always Jessica Baker. These three little kids are the most polite, well mannered kids that ever walked the earth. I am so glad I have had the opportunity over the last two years to get to know them and have them bless my life. They are truly remarkable. I love babysitting, and I don't get the chance very often anymore, but every time I do I just love it! All children just have such sweet and inspiring personalities. They bless my life each time I'm around them, and a lot is to be learned from them. After all, we have been counseled to 'become like little children'. I hope that I can take from their spirits and become a better person. Plus, nothing beats the innocence of a child. They say the cutest things, and I just can't help but laugh sometimes. :)

I love mail. I live day to day checking the mailbox for anything. I have a lot of friends out of access to me right now, and each time I open the box and find something there my heart is filled with joy! I'm the worst replier ever, but I try my best.

The thing I love most is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so proud to be a member of His church. I love missionaries who devote two years of their lives to serve Him and bring people in. I love the friendliness of the Saints, and the people in my ward! No matter where you go you will always be welcomed, and that is way comforting! There is so much support and comfort in the church, from members, friends, teachers, and mostly from Christ himself. He knows each of us and the struggles we go through on a daily basis, He's been there for us all. I love the Plan of Salvation and the fact that I can and WILL see my Grandpa Rex again. I know I will.

I love friends. I love to laugh with them, cry with them, hike with them, swim with them, work out, and just be crazy. I love to be a friend, and I try every day to be the kind of friend that is reliable and trustworthy. Everyone needs someone, and I want to be that for someone in need.

I have a lot of other loves, and maybe I'll save those for another day. I need to go to bed, because I have an early Public Speaking class that I do NOT love. :)

2 comments:

  1. your favorite musical will change when you see Wicked!! I promise! And thank you. We love Jessica Baker!! What is your address so that I may mail things to you as well?

    love you tons!! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fill my heart with the sound of music dear one :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete