I've been having to deal with a lot of stuff lately. problems, schoolwork, emotions and feelings, and all of it just came crashing down on me all at once. This week was great, because I was able to sit down and talk with 3 of my very best friends, separately, and each gave me advice on what to do. I have many more best friends than this, but these three especially helped me out.
First was my newest best friend Joshua Brothers. All I can say is: what an INCREDIBLE person. He is always there for me, and has just the right thing to say to help me feel better. The best thing about him is that he cares. He cares enough to listen, he cares enough to act, and he cares enough to ask. He's a huge example to me of everything right, and I try and help him the best I can when he needs it. I absolutely love when he plays the violin! It's therapy in and of itself just to listen. Pure glory. :)

Second was my very best friend Laura Stoddard. I can't even describe to you our friendship. It is crazy, wonderful, ridiculous, hilarious, awkward, embarrassing.. but most of all a blessing. I love her so much, and will have the utmost gratitude for my Father in Heaven for crossing our paths. This year our lives are so hectic and busy that we hardly get time to spend together. We made it a goal this semester to go to the temple together every Thursday morning, and it's been a huge strength to our friendship! Often, this is the only time of the week we see each other, and it's always a good, uplifting time. A time to vent, to listen, and to laugh. I love her an incredible amount, and I know that no matter where life takes us, she will remain a substantial part of my life forever!

The best part was watching General Conference. Without fail, every question, doubt, worry, stress, and problem is resolved through the words of the prophets and apostles. I was immediately overcome with the spirit and I felt him work in me. My heart is changed, and my testimony strengthened. I just think that President Monson is the cutest man that ever happened! I love him so much. The most prominent thing I learned is to TRUST IN THE LORD. This message was either stated, or implied in every speaker's talk in all 4 sessions that I watched. Eventually, on the Lord's time, things will all work out and I will be okay. I am beyond grateful for the blessings the gospel of Jesus Christ brings into my life. I feel them every day, and I am so glad to be where I am. This weekend was perfect for me, and couldn't have been much better!
I kinda like the just kiss 'em advice. :D I miss your face jessica baker and I wish there was something I could do to help. :) You're a sweetheart and I love you to pieces. I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas to see you!!! But we will have a show choir watching party and then a scum party while you are here. And of course we'll have you come spend time with the peeps. Love you oodles and poodles!! G
ReplyDeleteOh my Gina. I miss you too! So much. And your adorable, well mannered, and very intelligent children! Christmas seems so far away, but the semester is already a third over! That means, only about 8 more weeks until I get to come home! And... I might come home for American Thanksgiving, I still haven't really decided yet.. If I can convince some people to come with me and help pay for it then I'll come. Maybe. YESSSSS a scum party! whoop! :) Love you too Gina Quinton.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I miss your kids calling me "Jessica Baker" so so much!
Jessica you are a wonderful girl! You were certainly a blessing to me. I don't know where I'd be without you! I think you are so amazing! Loves!
ReplyDelete