Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Mother!


My mom is one of the most amazing people I know! She has been through so much in her life.. Things I know I couldn't handle. She's strong in the gospel and such an incredible example to me.

I've never really done anything out of the ordinary on Mother's Day.. I don't really like to show my affection to people and so usually I go the day (Father's Day as well) without saying an appreciative Happy Day to them. I know it makes me sound like such a horrible person, but it's just not something I've really ever been comfortable doing. But this year I decided I was going to change that.

This year I promised my mom that I was going to take her for a pedicure when we both had the time to do it. It kind of became a lost promise for a month and a bit because I was always working during the days and she was busy with the other kids.... but finally this week it happened! I found out that service really does bring you closer to someone. They made me get out of bed on my day off to mow the lawn. Not a big deal because I absolutely LOVE mowing the lawn, but when I came in I was all sweaty and gross. I took a shower, making sure to shave my legs because this was the day we were finally going to get out pedicures! (for those of you who really know me you know that I hardly shave my legs!) After I showered I was just hanging out in the living room watching tv or something when I noticed the doors to the van were opened and the vacuum was just chilling in the driveway. I asked my dad about it and he said that mom had started cleaning out the van but had rushed to the little kid's soccer practice and left it. I decided that I would go out and finish the vacuuming and wash the dash so I did just that. I loved it! When she got home I was just finishing and she was really happy that I had done it for her.

We rounded up some ice water and headed into Lethbridge. We stopped by Marshall's fabric to pick out the back for my quilt, but only found really ugly patterns and stuff that wasn't suitable for a 19 year old boy. :) We went to Walmart with hopes that there would be something, and we found just some plain red fabric that was relatively cheap. So we bought it and then headed to the mall. I was so excited!

She really enjoyed the experience and we just got to hang out and treat ourselves to a nice spa day. It was an awesomely fun time! She said that we just might have to come back and do it again! It costed me quite a bit, but she's worth it. She's invested so much in me that I cannot even EVER begin to repay her for it!

That night I had one of the most awful dreams of my entire life. I dreamt we got the news that she had cancer. I woke up that morning scared to death and I prayed with all my heart that it would never come true. I love my mom and I appreciate everything she does for me, even if I never tell her I do. I'm excited for her to be going to Martin's Cove this summer because I know the experience will change her life! She's such a super mom and she gives so much support to all of us kids! She really really wants a grandbaby to hold... but I can't give that to her any time soon.. Justin you'd better get crackin' down there!!! ;) just kidding. all in due time.

2 comments:

  1. Your dream scared me just reading about it! Yikes... I would not like that at all, good thing I don't have dreams, cuz that means that I won't have nightmares either! Well just wanted to comment on here and tell you that I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your mom! That is an awful dream. I'm glad you had the chance to do that with your mom though, I hope to do that with my mommy soon too.

    ReplyDelete