Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blessings in Disguise

Okay. I have to admit that I have NEVER been a fan of single's wards. I just miss my family ward. I wasn't ever a really big fan on relief society either, until tonight. I guess the Lord has a pretty good idea of what He's doing. :) I am one of three heads of the Relief Society activity committee in our small little ward. I was nervous at first and kind of didn't want to because that means I'm obligated to set up, attend, and take down all activities, but tonight was perfect!

We made the cutest little crafts. We had not a whole lot of girls come, but we had a blast! We made visiting teaching reminders. They are soooo cute! I had the hardest time picking which one I wanted at the end. And I met a couple new friends! And.. finally I met Danielle, the second councillor in our presidency and the one in charge of the activities.

I don't know what I was thinking by not attending these activities before! I just love all the girls in my ward. They are awesome and I have a feeling this year is going to be a good year. I'm grateful for the Lord, He knows where I need to be and what I need to be doing. I'm glad I have this calling! It's going to be fun. I love the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm so glad to be a member. The Relief Society is just a bunch of eternal sisters, for we are all truly sisters in Zion. I just love it! :)

Here are the 5 crafts that I made:
The top says: "I can be the Lord's hands through visiting teaching."
Then there's a thing to flip at the bottom that says "Feed my sheep." and "Sheep fed."
They are refrigerator magnets. Best idea ever! I just love it! :)
This is the one that I kept: He's pretty cute!

1 comment:

  1. Those are super cute! What did you do with the other ones you made?? How did the brownies turn out? :)

    ReplyDelete